Lake Worth Beach, Lake Worth, Palm Beach County, Fl.
We visited this beach in conjunction with our camping trip to John Prince Park. My kids LOVE the beach and we natually rate the beaches and have discussions about what made it good. My kids have gotten very good at comparing their favorite beach (New Smyrna Beach in Volusia County) to others. After spending the day at Lake Worth beach, these are some of their notes:
- Large beach with coarse sand which was just freshly pumped in so it was very clean.
- The waves were small but water was warm!
- There are private & public sections of the beach labeled with surf reports posted.
- Also, BONUS, there is an Olympic sized pool across the street from the beach. It’s $5 pp. We didn’t use it, but it was packed.
- Pros: Great parking at reasonable price; a playground at top of beach & sunblock dispensing stations.
- Cons: Limited food choices: there is one pizza place & one ice cream shop within waking distance. There are no trash cans on the beach, thus discouraging visitors bringing their own food.